New Initiatives/BusinessUnion Gas Well Services
In the spirit of celebrating our Team successes and taking time to reflect on the quality work accomplished, I wanted to capture our new initiatives that y’all have worked hard to get up and running (and I’m sure I’m missing some things here as well).
Please share this info with your employees, so they’re aware of the direction the company is going. And that all their efforts to help us continuously improve and grow are greatly appreciated.
- New Website: www.uniongaswellservices.com
- New toll-free number, to appear more global and not just tied to Arkansas with a 501 number: 844-589-2117 (rings in our Quitman dispatch center).
- New Union business cards, two-sided with UE and Union Gas Well Services information. We’ll hand these out at various meetings and can post them on random bulletin boards, etc. Robin has an order in for 1000 of them.
- Establishing new yard and 4-bay facility in PA (3-year lease); this is a huge undertaking, like starting a new business from the ground up!
— 3 bedroom house rented 15 minutes away, for employees working remote, with Nathan Moudy being our first full-time guy on the ground up there.
- Developed WV/PA Union map sign and business sign (to post at the WV golf tournament we’re sponsoring and at our facility; also good ones to bring to any expos we attend up north).
- Got Union Damascus yard up and running: pressure testing & painting/restoration and disposal.
— Great job preparing for and passing an indepth SWN audit.
- New safety program; in process of implementing Best Practices of the DuPont STOP safety program (same program SWN just implemented).
- May start taking Hotshot loads out of SWN’s Damascus Yard.
- New accounting best practices underway (just getting kicked off and will take several months to fully get our arms around this).
— Taking efforts to more accurately track all expenses/revenue and ensure they’re aligned with the exact division (Solid systems are already in place, but just creating improved tracking documents / graph & chart tools.).
- Regarding our Quitman facility/yard…great job preparing for and passing the SWN audit!
- Consistently running 5 flatbeds on interstate long hauls, with potential for more business in this arena.
- Upcoming Events:
— Sponsoring a BBQ luncheon for 30 SWN Field Services supervisors at our Damascus location.
— Sponsoring the 17th Hole at SWN’s charity golf tournament up in WV, providing food for 120 golfers.